InfraMarker mobile application can record a location track of the device using internal or a high precision external GPS. The track log includes all the available information for every location point:
- Position latitude/longitude. The position is stored as a point geometry.
- Horizontal and vertical accuracy.
In the following view user can change default parameters for tracking.
- Name of the track.
- Time interval defines how often a location point will be stored.
- Distance is the minimum distance between location points.
- Required accuracy. The only positioning points with accuracy equal or better than defined in this field will be stored. This value shall not be set below reasonable GPS accuracy, otherwise no positioning will be recorded. For example if the internal iPhone GPS is used, the best GPS accuracy could be around 3 meters. If the Required Accuracy is set to 1 meter, non of the GPS points will be recorded. If the Required Accuracy is set to 5 meters, all the points with 3 to 5 meters accuracy will be recorded, but all the points with accuracy >5 meters will be ignored. If user wants to record all the positioning points regardless of accuracy the value for Required Accuracy shall be set to 100 meters or more.
Start button will start tracking.
Button on the right hand side will toggle the tracking view. The tracking will continue recording position while the application is in background or the phone screen is off.
To stop tracking tap the central button in the Tracking view, “Cancel” and “Done” buttons will appear. The Cancel button will delete current track. The Done button will store current track.
When there are tracks present in the current project, a new entry dedicated to the tracks will appear in the dataset list.
Taping on a track on the map will bring up the Track info view. That view will show the information about selected track. It also has following buttons:
- Sync track to a server. By default tracks are not synced to a server. This button will sync all the tracks for the selected project.
- Save to a dataset. A user can use a selected track to create a feature for any of the existing datasets.
- Delete. Will delete the selected track.