Finding areas around points is a common analytical need. For example, if you have a building point and you want to know all the parcels within a half mile, you will need to buffer the point by a half mile to find out the parcels that are within that distance. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Login to InfraMarker
- Select the project that contains the dataset you want to buffer
- Go to the project's "Advanced Queries" page
- Select "Create new query"
- In the dark text area, type "SELECT ST_BUFFER( <the name of the geometry field>::geography, 100)::geometry(Polygon, 4326) from "
Then select the dataset in the dataset browser and it will add "dataset_XXXX" to the text.
- Click "Execute" to run the query and the results will be displayed in the table and map below. In this guide we're buffering by 100 meters
- Click "Create Permanent Dataset" to create a new dataset with your point's buffered areas.
- You're done!